Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Day in a Year in a Life / Day 239

27/August/2015, Day 239.  Thursday.

Today we are going to do something different.  I am going to ask you to pray for the health and well-being of Isaiah, an infant boy who was born early yesterday, and today is being monitored for some health issues.  I don't believe he is in mortal danger, (THANK GOD!), but it is still a pretty cruddy way to start your existence on this planet, separated from your momma, and stuck in a sterile room with an I/V in your little arm.

When it comes to newborns I get so emotional that what's left of whatever brain I once had more-or-less goes completely haywire, and I write things such as this "Letter to Angel".  (Yes, I write letters to a tiny fetus that died in my wife's womb.)  Life really is a mystery, and the most basic parts of it are what are most perplexing.

Anyway .... please say a prayer or two, (or three!), for young Isaiah, and then for someone else you know who could use some help, and then a prayer or two for all those folks who have no one else praying for them.  I can't promise that the objects of your prayers will necessarily benefit, (at least in a way that we can understand), but I can promise you this: the act of praying will do YOU good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment